Search This Blog

Friday 30 October 2020

Post 246 Sunflowers, rabbits and lunch is back on.

 A lunch group of five women, to which I belong, met today for the first time since February. We normally meet at least 4 times a year, trying different restaurants around the city. It simply hasn't been possible to meet until now. We went to Chianti, not far from where I live.  It was closed to diners for months, serving takeaway meals to order and delivering them to cars in the street outside. 

Today it was as busy as I've seen it. Maria was everywhere - greeting, behind the bar, serving, checking, delivering hand sanitiser to our table when ours didn't work. We were in a bit of a noise pocket, but managed to make ourselves heard enough to catch up. I had Orecchiette pasta with Port Lincoln sardines, cauliflower and pine nuts, followed, of course, by affogato.  So good to see friends.

I had planned to go to Norwood before lunch but, as usual, tried to fit in too much beforehand, so I went after lunch, back to Beads on Parade - the shop that was closed on Sunday -  to try to get something to crimp the ends of the necklace that stuck in my neck.  When I arrived, the shop was empty except for the two assistants, both beading at the workbench. They immediately provided advice, found beads to fill the empty spaces on the cord and offered to crimp it for me! I was a bit overwhelmed but fell into line quickly. I strung the extra beads, one assistant helped the three customers who came in and the other crimped my ends. Can't complain about service! 
 Last night's rain didn’t continue throughout the day. The sunflower is still looking spritely with more buds and flowers coming.
Tonight's sunset had a different colour palette to most. The white spot on the left one is not the moon, but a bird. This is a live shot and the white shape moves across the sky - in a way no plane moves.

Ten minutes later the colours were more conventional - but still soft.
The remainder of the day was spent working on the rabbits. Now that I am on the third one of these I'm having a relaxed time playing with the colours. 
I now need to make the fourth set of Rabbits at Dawn match up to this one seamlessly.
I'll  block it tomorrow and start on the last one. The feathers are still waiting to be attached to the chair,  there are a lot of hexies pinned to a quilt on the floor next to one of the lounge room chairs and a bag with the shawl on the coffee table.  

Did I mention I've had a few ideas about Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment