Search This Blog

Saturday 7 November 2020

Post 254 Day of the Doves

I slept in this morning. Unsurprising, since it was well after midnight when I posted yesterday's blog and headed for bed.

As I was about to have breakfast, a dove arrived. Myrtle or Blush? I incline to Blush, younger and slightly slimmer than Myrtle but similarly pink of breast. She was not shy, exploring the whole space and allowing me to open the door, distribute seed and take photos.

She is a really nice looking bird and made herself at home.


An hour or so later, two birds arrived together, definitely a young pair. Neither of them had a clear pale pink breast. One, I think, was Stormy.  They too, made themselves at home, exploring the whole space, coming right to the door.

Adelaide doves only live about 2 years, so they must mature quickly.  I'm pretty sure these are the adolescent birds Turtle was chasing away only a few months ago.

I left to pick up Niamh and take her to JEMS. I had planned to do a bit of shopping for Monday, but decided against it. It was a bit busy around the Central Market as I came past. The sun was out and the jacarandas too.
When I arrived home, the car park entry door didn't open when I used my device. I thought I had a spare battery in the car but I was wrong. I managed to squeeze my car into  a space in the Square and go upstairs for a battery. It did not, however, solve the problem. The door was evidently not working. Our pod rep reported it. At least I had my car out of the carpark.
I had yet one more visitor before picking Niamh up at the end of JEMS - Stormy, back again on his own, having another good look around,  coming right to the door. 

I suspect we have a transfer of entitlement of rights to my balcony to a new generation.

Niamh and I had milkshakes at the Queen St Cafe.
Back at their place Katherine and I knitted while Anthony cooked up a storm of meat and potatoes. Lots of interesting conversation. 

I now have 245 stitches on the needle. It's about 65cm long and probably 80-90 cm wide at the needle. The ball still has a good few centimetres of shawl left. I'm now on a mission to finish this week.

But right now I need to get ready for tomorrow's Counted Sashiko class.

No comments:

Post a Comment