Search This Blog

Sunday 1 November 2020

Post 248 More of the same


It warmed up in Adelaide today - 27C, and the next two days forecast over 30C.  I watered the Eastern balcony plants first up in preparation for the coming days. The Sweet Kisses Bliss Bomb from last Summer has a single flower. I might coax some more, but I'm not greedy, this one is worth having.


This afternoon was our Sit'n Stitch - Jennifer, Susan and I  at Susan's place at Grange. 


In the morning I did a load of washing, prepared an eggplant parmigiana for tomorrow night, finished the last chapter of The Bird Way and reviewed it for Goodreads. I also had another look for the fabric for Jenny McWinney's Cockerill, which I have mislaid . No luck.

It's in that safe place.
Jennifer has finished her Mother and Father Christmas - a fundraiser for Zonta. The scale isn't evident here. They are about 45cm high - quite large. And fabulous.

Susan had made a batch of her much appreciated cheese scones. I had one straight out of the oven - and another later,  and one to take home.


Jennifer worked on another of the panels we bought from Jenny McWinney way back in February (top right panel) , Susan worked on her blanket and I added another inch to my shawl.
At this time of the year every time I go out I I look to see how far the jacaranda blossom has advanced. It seems to be a bit later in Adelaide than some other parts of the country. 

It is, however, underway.



I managed to hold the SLR still for long enough to get this shot of tonight's full moon rising over the hills.

This evening I worked on the last of the Rabbits at Dawn panels, finishing the hillock that has to match up with the panel already worked. Now this is done I can freelance on the rest of it.


Tomorrow Brigid has the first of her final exams. I hope she gets a really good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment