Search This Blog

Thursday 3 December 2020

Post 279 Few photo opportunities

I had a few jobs to do today, a bit of domestic tidying in the morning and commitments in the afternoon. I managed to add a zip to the first of the sashiko squares I had finished.I haven't fixed the sides as yet, but I wanted to try the zip. 

It seemed to work, so I went off happy to Pilates. There I was able to try out the new Covid Safe Check-in app. The first time you use it you need to register with a verification code sent to your mobile. I didn't want to do that with a queue behind me. Plenty of time and space at Pilates.

It worked!

I had arranged to meet some friends at Elders Fine Art on Melbourne St North Adelaide. They have an Art auction on Sunday and I am interested in a couple of paintings. My friends were interested in some Bernard Hesling plates. Elders have two buildings in their Gallery, the old church on the left and the terrace on the right. There is a building between. The paintings I am interested in are in the church. I used my Covid Safe Check-in app to get in - again, it worked very quickly!  I'm still thinking about the paintings.

Between Pilates and Elders I managed to park outside DK Fabrics and buy a pile of zips for however many sashiko pouches I might make. DK have plenty of parking at the back, but the council has introduced ticket parking to stop people parking there all day. It is a nuisance. You can't use a credit card for less than 3 hours. For 1 hour parking you need a $1 coin. Covid has all but eliminated coins as a method of payment, so I rarely have a $1 coin. Street parking outside is 15 minutes only - OK for buying a handful of zips!

I got home with about 15 minutes to spare before Niamh and Veronica arrived so I could take them to choir practice.  They are getting ready for a socially distanced end of year concert. Usually Young Adelaide Voices have concerts in which all six of their choirs perform but this year each choir will perform only to their own parents. 

In between my outings I managed to finish a second sashiko panel.
I  also worked another dot square. I'm getting the hang of these. I will make a blanket, but I think I need to come up with a second and third plan to use up some of this cotton.


I admit, however, that I am finding both these projects more engrossing than stitching on hexies. The quilt,  is taking up quite a bit of room next to a chair in my lounge room and will eventually shame me into tackling it.

Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment