Search This Blog

Friday 4 December 2020

Post 280 Sit’n Stitch

 

This morning I put the zip in the second sashiko pouch and joined the sides. I also stitched the backing on to the remaining four squares, so they are ready to embroider.


It was a fairly hot day - 34C. I'm not sure what this young pigeon was doing sitting on the tiles of the balcony. I'd have thought the surface much too hot.

At our Sit'n Stitch Jennifer helped me with my crochet. She worked a square with my pattern, cotton and hook/ Hers is the apricot one. As you can see, it is more compact. The main problem she identified is that I have been crocheting into the spaces between the stitches rather than into the stitch itself. This fixes the corners.  When not working on my crochet, Jennifer has progressed her sampler panel. Again, I didn't think to photograph. 

This evening I have been working another square with the stitch going into the head of the stitch. It still doesn't quite work. I am pretty sure the problem is that I am following the US crochet convention and this gives me extra length in each stitch. I am too tired tonight, but tomorrow I shall try to rework a square assuming the pattern is using the English crochet terminology. Tension doesn't explain the different.

The jacaranda bushes are moving into their green leaf stage, with only bits of stubborn blossom hanging in clumps. They still look lovely - such vivid green.

  • This evening, in between playing with the crochet, I did a bit more on my third sashiko panel. It's not finished yet, but it is coming along nicely. I might go to Riverlea Quilts tomorrow to see what colour sashiko cottons they have.

It was a very gentle sunset this evening - greys and apricots.

No comments:

Post a Comment