Search This Blog

Saturday 5 December 2020

Post 281 Thinking about Christmas



It was, for Adelaide, an extraordinarily grey and overcast start to the day, no light flooding in. The contrast with the one tree with lime green leaves was stark. There was, however no rain, so after a couple of reconnaissance missions by doves,  













I watered the plants and put out some seed. It wasn't long before one of them returned.
I spent a bit of time getting myself a bit more organised for Christmas. I made a list!

I have one friend who collects ornaments for her tree. I thought this year might be the appropriate time to work this little oval of a bird for her. I think it came from my mother's stash. Maybe I can turn the sparrow into a blue wren. 

Jennifer called me and we arranged for me to have a crochet lesson next Thursday after Pilates. I had grand plans to test out my UK stitch theory today but it didn't happen. 


Much of the day was spent finishing the stitching  on  and constructing the third sashiko pouch. As with the first one, I couldn't avoid a rim of white lining showing  along the zip line. Luckily I remembered some orange gimp I had bought at a BATB market day.  It was a little tricky to apply, but does the job well I will now do the same for the first pouch.                       .

In the middle of the afternoon the wind got up and brought with it a bit of rain. I tried to photograph it but couldn't capture the effect in a still photo. It brought to mind Christina Rosetti's poem

Who has seen the wind,?

Neither you nor I 

But when the trees bow down their heads

The wind is passing by.



I guess you only have my word for it!

I have registered to bid online at tomorrow's art auction. I have my eye on one of the paintings as a gift. I called at the Gallery on my way to dinner and registered to bid in person. I have a reserved seat. All options covered.
I progressed another sashiko square, this time using some of Sue Spargo's Wonderfil Eleganza Perle thread. It works fairly well. I don't have enough choice in sashiko thread. I'll visit Riverlea Quilts on Monday to see what they have.

I'm enjoying both he ease of execution and the result of these panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment