Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Post 292 More obsession

This morning I needed to find a small gift bag for the stocking ornament I made yesterday. I have a supply of gift bags I made last year, all tumbled into a large storage bag I made. There is no way of finding a right-size bag without tipping it onto the floor. This morning, as I tipped them on to the floor, I decided it was time for a better system. I sorted the bags into piles from small to large. They are still in those piles and I need to (1) find a container in which they can lie flat (2) iron them (3) transfer them to to the new container/s. In the meantime I found a bag for the cross stitch stocking.

 I had a podiatrist appointment at 10.40 This is an indulgence and luxury - nail cutting, orthotic checking and callus removal every two months. I was meeting my friend Lorraine for lunch at 1.15, so in between I went to Create in Stitch to pick up a tin of thread, I browsed a bit and bought a few more bits for Christmas presents. 
With an hour and a half up my sleeve until lunch I thought I might go to Norwood but changed my mind on the way and diverted to the Burnside Village - a large shopping complex.  I regretted it as soon as I got there.  The fashion shops, the standardised luxury - I couldn't bear it. I might as well have been in an airport. The "Win an Audi Q2 this Christmas" sign seemed to say it all. I had a quick look in Mecca and got the hell out of there.

I went back to Mr Nick's at Frewville, where I was meeting Lorraine and did a bit of supermarket shopping.

Lorraine was early and looking good. She seems to have solved her low blood pressure/passing out problem by increasing the amount of water she drinks to 2 litres a day.  We exchanged gifts and she liked the little stocking. Whew!

Back at home another crazy idea took hold. I have made, I think, three sets of these Bucilla Ballet Bears. I liked them so much I cornered the market and bought another two sets before they sold out. I decided I should make one of them for Martine, my Pilates teacher, who is an ex-dancer. It's a messy process, cutting the pieces out of pre-stamped felt, adding embroidery and/or sequins, then stitching the parts together in order- felt bits, thread, instructions everywhere.

It also gets a bit creepy if you let it, stitching disembodied body parts together in order.
This is where I got to when I stopped close to midnight. I have time in the morning, I think, before Pilates, to sequin, gather and attach the skirt.I think she'll like it.

  1. Another extraordinary sunset skyline this evening. Only 27C today and down to 23C tomorrow. Excellent from my point of view.


Two young doves seem to be my second best friends at the moment. - keeping watch from several vantage points. 


Ballet bear finish in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment