Search This Blog

Friday 18 December 2020

Post 294. From the Balcony and Sit’nStitch












I managed to get a couple of shots of this morning's dove visitor on my SLR. This is a youngish bird with a pink breast and some dark feathers under wing. He/she also has head feathers that tend to stand up - almost a dove mohawk.  I love the patterns visible up close on the wing - and the pensive look.

On the balcony the sunflower plant has produced a couple more small flowers. They will open up a bit more, but even at this size I love the yellow, and the dark somewhere in the centre. The jacarandas have largely dropped their blossom and are turning green. This is the very last of the purple on the tree behind our apartments.      

It was our last Sit'n Stitch before Christmas. Sue had prepared a beautiful spread of salad, cold meats and fresh breads. We were relaxed with lots to catch up on from the last fortnight.

Jennifer had bought an astounding gift for both Sue and I - as well as ordering one for herself! Each ball is 26 metres - so a total of 1508 metres.  enough for something like a poncho - or even a cardigan. Wow! 

And we can keep track of each others' progress on whatever we choose. 
I worked on another crocheted square. The size is consistent with the last two - which passed Jennifer's inspection. I now seem to have got the hang of this, so have a great grab and go project to work on as the fancy takes me. 
I've wound small balls of each colour  so I don't need to carry around 200 gm balls. Each little ball will make either a centre or surround for about 3 squares. I should be able to do 10-12 squares with these little balls.

This evening I began Lady Anne's Flowers. Thought I'd plunge right into the big red flower. I've worked the first two petals in four colours. I think I'll drop back to three from now on.That will give, I think, a smoother blend. It's lovely to be back to Crewel work.


Tomorrow I have friends coming for dinner so need to do some shopping tomorrow morning.

Apart from family dinners on Mondays in term time, this will be the first visitors I've had in the apartment for a meal since at least January - maybe longer. 

Perhaps I've forgotten how?  

I don't think so, but we'll soon find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment