Search This Blog

Sunday 13 December 2020

Post 290 Book Club

 

Our last Crime Fiction Book Club meeting for the year was a morning tea at the home of one of our members who lives about a kilometre from me. Pat has a small courtyard garden lush with plants. Birds visited while we were there - including a dove very like those that visit me. 

The books for discussion were the latest Ian Rankin, A Song for Dark Times  and Jo Nesbo's The Kingdom.  We all liked the Rankin. I didn't get to The Kingdom. A couple of others didn't finish it. One of the best things about this group is the sharing of other books we have read.  I noted Garry Disher's Consolation.  One member brought us each a lucky dip book. Mine was Snapshop by Garry Disher. I've now got quite a lot of reading to do. 

On my way home I went past the GPO and dropped the cards in the postbox outside.

 Back at home I checked out the two doves who visited. I don't think either of them were the one in Pat's garden. The younger one on the left has a distinctive dark tail. Turtle on the right is definitely older and plumper.

I read about half of Sonia Bates' Inheritance of Secrets on Libby. It has priority since I need to return it to the library in about 10 days time.
Nevertheless, I put the book away to redo the zip I inserted yesterday in one of the sashiko bags. It didn't fit properly. It's now much better. 
 I also finished another square. 
I'm having a go at inserting this zip by hand. I'm curious to see if I can make it strong enough. I can certainly do it more neatly than I can manage on the machine.

Another warm day forecast tomorrow - 34C. After that it's predicted to drop back into the 20s. Suits me.


No comments:

Post a Comment