Search This Blog

Thursday 17 December 2020

Post 293

 My apologies to those who receive this blog by email. Your email was late this morning because I was extremely late posting last night and missed the two hour time slot in which the emails are delivered. Thank you to the friends who checked up that I was OK. I really value your concern and monitoring. I will try not to let it happen again.

Turtle was waiting to greet the morning, cleaning up some of yesterday's seed and drinking from the clear water in the bowl. Mostly, however, taking in the scenery. I recognise the white edged tail feathers- and heaviness.

I got on to the ballet bear skirt straight away, adding the sequins, the spray of leaves, gathering the waist and stitching up the back seam.                          Here's the result

I then did something unusual. I put up the ironing board.  Iironed a bit more than half the bags in the big messy pile on my sewing room floor! Ironing is not my thing. My back and sciatica play up after I stand for more than about ten minutes. I do have a stool but that's not comfortable either. So I ironed for about half an hour with breaks about every 10 minutes. Because most of the bags are silk, they pack down. I put them into an empty see-through box. There's a bit of room left in this box, and I think I can find another one by doing a bit of  reorganising. 
Two boxes will, I think, hold all of the bags once they are ironed, and two boxes will fit in the fabric basket the mess was in, while keeping the bags smooth and tidy.


Martine liked her ballet bear and this evening sent me a photo of the bear on her tree. How good is that!


After Pilates (last of the year)I went to Unley Village to post a parcel and get a few things on special at Woolworths. As it was now close to 3pm and I had had no lunch, I indulged in a pasty and lime milkshake.


Back at home I worked another little needle keep. I'm getting the hang of these.

I also crocheted another square, mainly because I'm not quite ready to plunge into my crewel projects yet. Tomorrow, maybe. 

I had notice yesterday that the Aesop Frame panel is on its way, so it's time to progress Lady Anne's Flowers. I think I have now finished the Christmas gifts I wanted to make, so the decks are cleared (except, of course for the hexies on the quilt and the crocheted squares....).

No comments:

Post a Comment