Search This Blog

Monday 4 January 2021

Post 311 I moved my hoop!

 

As I had hoped, I managed to do quite a bit on Lady Anne's Flowers. This afternoon I finished as much as I could with the hoop as it was. I moved to a smaller hoop to complete the sections at the bottom

In the morning I had put on some washing before heading out to collect the parcel I missed last Thursday. As I expected it was a pair of jeans. I went on to Unley Village to get some fruit and a few other bits. I also called at Taking Shape to use up the refund I got there last week for the underwear I returned. I didn't want to carry around the docket for any length of time - too easy to lose. I should have worked out for myself the tip that Susie, who served me, gave me - photograph the barcode on the docket. In any case, I bought two tops, the green in bamboo and the red stripe in polyester. I am now in love with bamboo. The green is the only colour in that stye that I didn't have (orange, pink and black being the others). I've had my eye on the red stripe for a while. It is light and vibrant, so I can forgive the polyester. The blue underneath is the jeans. 
I hung out the washing when I got back from shopping. My being on the balcony brought Turtle out to look for seed and water, so I obliged before doing some work with the spreadsheet, sorting my Baby Boomer stories into categories. I think that will work better than one long series in the order I conducted the conversations. There are, however, many ways I could group them, so I think I will just have to pick a category and see how it plays out.
I had another look today at what Jeannine Baker has to say in this book about Louise Mack, whose school novels I had read as a young girl and who I knew to be an Old Girl of Sydney High. Mack left her bankrupt and alcoholic husband and went to England in 1901. She made ends meet by writing. In 1914 she persuaded a newspaper editor to send her to Europe as a war correspondent. She used various subterfuges to get into occupied territory, mostly in Belgium. She was clever and brave. After the War she made the most of her experiences on a lecture circuit, unfortunately seeing fit to embellish significantly to give audiences the excitement they and her promoters wanted.

It's an interesting story - quite a long way from the school stories I so enjoyed.
I made good progress on two of Lady Anne's hillocks. I've worked out the colours and threads for the others. A couple more days should see this finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment