Search This Blog

Saturday 9 January 2021

Post 316 Lazy day at Lady Bay

 

I slept for nearly ten hours last night and woke still feeling lethargic. I felt much the way I used to feel when we arrived in Bali for a month's holiday when I was still in paid employment - exhausted from finishing up at work, packing, getting on a plane and then on to local accommodation. All I wanted to do for a day or so was sleep and eat.

All I have done this time is pack bags and drive from Adelaide! Nevertheless I went with the lethargy,  had my usual breakfast, showered, read on the balcony. 








At 28C it was a  pleasant morning,  5 degrees lower than in Adelaide.
                                                                                                                                                        I wasn't happy with the Phoenix wing as I left it last night, so I tried a couple of ways to fix it.

There was plenty happening at the pool, mostly parents teaching young kids to swim, or put their heads under water, or duck dive. I'm curious about the lack of safety fence at the back of the pool. I need to walk down and have a look. It doesn't look right from here. Maybe there's a moat or some device at the back.

A goal for tomorrow.


The other thing that caught my attention was a man who appeared to let his golf clubs run ahead of him  on the path from the green. Suddenly, the clubs veered across the grass and I realised he was managing it by remote control. The still shot doesn't, of course, capture the weirdness of it  - a man casually following a moving golf bag across the course.



My  Standard  room is well set up. This is taken from the small kitchen area. The wall in the left foreground is the bedroom wall and there is a very generous sized bathroom with spa bath and walk-in shower.

It's a long time since I've napped in the day time, but I did this afternoon.

I then visited Katherine's mob and ate some of their barbecue dinner. There is an excellent butcher in Normanville who Anthony has cultivated over the years.
I wanted to be back here before dark, partly because I'm still not entirely familiar with the road to Lady Bay, and partly because I thought there might be the chance of wildlife on the road after dark. I was right to be cautious - except the kangaroos were all on the golf course!
There was a whole mob, spread over the hill where the remote controlled golf caddy had been this morning. It was at this point I regretted my decision to leave my SLR at home. I really needed it!

I got most of this square finished while visiting Katherine and Anthony's place, then finished it back here.                         
                  






While watching the end of a Midsomer Murders and a whole Endeavour, I made another round of changes to the Phoenix. It's getting closer to acceptable. I might need to leave it now and move on to other parts. Any further changes need shades I don't have.

Today was also Deirdre and Alan's 50th wedding anniversary. Their daughter and son had put together a presentation for them of various bits contributed by their friends and family. Mine was the PowerPoint I was working a week or so ago, turned into a pdf. I'm sure they've had a great day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment