Search This Blog

Thursday 7 January 2021

Post 314 Running around


It was a running around kind of day. In between my various appointments and tasks I was, of course, checking news bulletins to follow what was happening in Washington DC, as well as the latest Australian Covid news. I have chosen to focus the 314 posts of this blog on daily life rather than current affairs and don't intend to change, but it IS a record of a Covid year and the significance of today's events did reach Australia and needs to be acknowledged.

It was the day of my six monthly dental check up,  even though I had seen both dentist and hygienist three months ago. Unusually, I had been unable to get adjacent appointments, so saw my dentist at 10.00am but the hygienist at 2.30pm. My dentist is expecting her baby on 1 February, so her appointments were a bit tentative. 

She ordered some Xrays to be taken this afternoon by the hygienist.
From there I went on to Create in Stitch to get the extra threads I needed. I'm afraid the sale won't make their day!

At Unley Village I called at Taking Shape. Yesterday I received a $65 loyalty voucher from the shop, so thought I'd use it to offset the cost of this top I saw last week. In a pandemic there doesn't seem a lot of point holding on to an unexpected gift horse.
 My car purchase three years ago came with free monthly car washes. I haven't been for several months, so headed there on my way home. It was a bit of a wait today but I had my Kindle and the coffee is good - and the precautions are in place and monitored. 

The attendant who washed my car kindly adjusted the clock to daylight saving time for me - which shows how long it is since I had the car cleaned!

I managed about an hour at home for lunch, then headed back to the dentist. The Xrays were helpful and the hygienist took nearly an hour. We are all happy about the extraction I am booked for with a periodontist in February.
I just had time to call at Frewville for milk, watermelon and some prawns before heading to the optometrist. He is happy with the progress of my damaged eye surface and I need to keep the treatment up for another month. 




My computer/embroidery/distance glasses were ready and the fitter had clip-on magnifiers for me to try. I settled for the 2.5x magnification clip-ons which seem to work well with these. This is for embroidery, especially in group situations.  I have spared readers the sight of the clip-ons.








I finished up most of the carrot salad with the prawns and fresh bread for dinner.




Around sunset, I heard the distinctive call of the Adelaide Rosella and grabbed my SLR. It was a single bird, sitting on the very top of a tree some 10-15 metres behind the apartment building. There was an answering call some distance away, but I didn't see the second bird. 

The long tail isn't visible here, so the rosella looks a bit smaller than it is.

I haven't seen one in these trees for a while.






With all the running around I was lucky to get two squares crocheted today.  


The blocking is now complete. I will roll it up tomorrow so it doesn't get crushed while I'm finishing the last two pieces to complete the chair. I won't take the cover off the chair until all three are finished.

Tomorrow I head for Normanville for a week.  It's only about 90 minutes drive and I'm can't book in until 2pm so there's no hurry.  I haven't done any packing, although I have thought about it. I also need to soak the plants before I leave tomorrow, and get petrol - which unfortunately is on the expensive end of the cost cycle. It will be a fairly busy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment