Search This Blog

Friday 8 January 2021

Post 315 Lady Bay


It took me quite a while this morning to prepare to leave for Lady Bay.  I took my time but it was pretty steady activity. I packed a suitcase with clothes and toiletries, another with my embroidery, crochet and books, a third with beach towel, bathers, sunscreen, hats and beach shoes and a fourth with fruit and muesli. That's the trouble with holidays close to home. 

Watering the plants took a while. It's only a week, but it's 31C in Adelaide today, 35C forecast tomorrow, up to 37 by Sunday. I left as many plants soaking in water as I could.







Turtle got fed up waiting for me to provide more seed and gave up. I'm afraid the disappointment will last for a week.

I cleaned out the fridge, put out the rubbish, turned off the water, packed the car and set off, stopping on West Terrace to buy petrol.
Lady Bay is about 85 km south of Adelaide. It is close to Carrickalinga,  where my Adelaide daughter and her family are staying for the next ten days. Usually I rent another holiday house nearby with either my other daughter and her partner, or with my brother and sister-in-law. Sometimes with both. This year neither are able to come. I didn't want to rent a house on my own, so I have booked into the only hotel accommodation around here - the Lady Bay Golf Resort
As you can see, it has a pool, tennis courts and the brown expanse between these and the sea is a golf course.

The resort appears to have a helipad - presumably for busy golf players.
I have no interest in playing golf, or using the gym - or even the spa. I do have a spa bath in my bathroom. I have a bedroom, bathroom, sitting room and small kitchen. 

I had a small drama when my room key did not work. The handyman came and had the same trouble. Apparently the locks have all been altered from a key card to a key but the locks not fundamentally changed. This has not worked well. I persuaded him to tape my lock open until the locksmith gets here - probably on Monday.  It's not as risky as it might seem. Rooms are arranged in pairs, with a lockable door from the corridor to each pair, then another door to each individual room. The door from the corridor locks.

I went to Katherine and Anthony's place for excellent fish and chips. When I got back the sprinklers were on. Water is scarce in most parts of Australia and unsurprisingly, the sprinklers are clearly only set to water the greens.

There were flights of birds just before sunset. I couldn't make out what they were apart from the galah on the right. There were a group of magpies making a lot of noise on the path below my balcony but my photos are hardly worth sharing.

The evening saw a couple of families in the pool, a couple of tennis players  and numerous golfers and golfing buggies.

Sunset over the headland was hard to capture until the sun was below the horizon because of the glare.





I did get a start on the Phoenix, but I was pretty slow. It's been a very busy day for me, compared to my usual routine. I hope to rectify that tomorrow!

I also missed some of my eye drops and heat pad treatments. I'll fix that tomorrow too.

Although golf is not my thing, I'm conscious of how lucky I am to be able to be here - just to get away from home is privileged. I won't squander it.

No comments:

Post a Comment