Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Post 312. They are coming - and Lady Anne is blocking!

 

It's 9.30 pm as I begin this post and I have just blocked Lady Anne's Flowers. Progress photos follow below, but I thought the blocked finish deserved to lead the post. 












Most of the day was spent working on this piece. I had to move the hoop again before I finished the hillocks. (I can see from the photo that the blending in the high hillock needs adjusting!)









I used a smaller hoop to finish the last section. I didn't photograph the raggy-looking piece when I took it out of the hoop. I couldn't wait to block it!

Today's good news is that Alison and Karl have booked to come to Adelaide for a weekend later this month. I knew they were hoping to come, but had not allowed myself to believe it would happen in the current lockdowns. The surprise sent me look at the Barbara Hanrahan linocut print hanging in my hall. She made it in 1975 to celebrate the return of her partner, Jo Steele, after a long absence. I've always liked the fine detail of it - the repeated depictions of joy and celebration.              .
It shows numerous faces with emissions from their mouths and eyes - sight and speech. but in a Covid context, looking like a social distancing warning.      This is very much a Barbara Hanrahan work. It does not transfer, but it captures her excitement and joy in a specific circumstance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I feel I should make a banner saying 
"They are coming" and hang it from my balcony.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Instead, I paid my tax bill for 2019-20. It's not due for another month, but I want a clean slate. I checked and double checked the reference number before hitting the button. Ridiculous I know. It feels very good to have it out of the way. 
I have the Phoenix and Tree linen to set up as my next Crewel project tomorrow. I think I'm a bit short on light green and brown Appleton's wools for this project so I might need a trip to The Bobbin Tree this Thursday to ensure I have enough to take to Normanville on Friday. Tonight I'm relaxing with another crochet square.

No comments:

Post a Comment