Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Post 313 Mostly crochet and getting organised


I took this photo last night, looking East at sunset - and forgot to post it yesterday. I don't live in or near a jungle, but there are some great glimpses of trees and the Adelaide Hills.

And I do love the pot of purple petunias.






While I was reading this morning, the two young doves arrived , polished off the few seeds remaining from yesterday then came to the container of seed just outside my door and stood beside it. Blush even pecked at the plastic sides!

I didn't obey immediately, but when they had given up I went out and put out some seeds. 

The photos were taken through glass and fly wire, but I quite like the effect.

I adjusted the pins on the blocking twice during the day. It's looking good but still slightly damp.   

                                        




In the meantime I sorted out my Appleton's threads and hooped up the Phoenix and Tree. I have most of the threads I need, but need some very pale greens and a more gold yellow. Tomorrow I have a running around day so will call at either the Bobbin Tree or Create in Stitch, both of which I now know have reopened after holiday closures.

I haven't started the Phoenix. I gave myself a break and relaxed with some more crocheted squares.   I've been trying to work out whether to roll more small balls off the humungous 200 gram balls to take to Normanville. It's hard to judge how much I will need, so maybe I'll roll off a few small balls and put the big ones in my car.












I've now made 25 squares. The colours are randomly chosen. I'm considering whether they should be directly joined or have a single colour border. There's plenty of time before I have to decide.


I also got out the two remaining Nicola Jarvis birds I have to embroider, along with the Ink and Spindle linens that will make the bags on which they eventually perch. I'm planning to take these to Normanville as well. 

I wouldn't want to run out of things to stitch. 

What kind of birds will they be?


It was a mild, charming sunset. I rather like the ones that have a lot of grey cloud

Someone finding this blog in a future world might tag me as a tree worshiper.
I completed another two squares this evening . The last one (bottom) has better joins than the others, thanks to a tip in a book I've been reading - but more of that another day. 


Tomorrow, if, as Hank Williams used to say, the Good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise,  I have two dental appointments, an optometrist appointment and a shopping list. I could have done the shopping today, but it seemed more efficient to do it while I have to be out and about anyway. 

We'll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment