Search This Blog

Friday 15 January 2021

Post 322. Home again, home again


I got away from Lady Bay in good time this morning - right on the 10am checkout time. I didn't see my Magpie visitor, but there was evidence that at least one had been on my balcony. I declined to provide photographic evidence. I also tipped the barely tasted bottle of de-alcoholised wine down the sink.

It was a smooth trip back even though traffic picked up markedly from Noarlunga and was slow once I reached South Road. I peeled off at Cross Road and stopped at Unley Village for fruit  -and scones. 

The South Australian university offers were made this morning. Brigid had accepted, and deferred for one year, the offer of the course she wanted in the School of Mathematical Sciences at Adelaide Uni, before I was 15 minutes out of Normanville. So pleased for her - and full of admiration. 
My plants seem to have survived the days of heat in Adelaide while I was away. The petunias are looking a bit scruffy, but the poinsettia has thrived in its sink of water. There are new shoots and some lovely effects in the afternoon light.
Clearly the building work next door resumed this week while I've been away. I am disappointed to see reinforcing rods have been installed across the whole  building, indicating, I think, an imminent concrete pour. There are slate slabs underneath and I had begun to hope that this back section might be an outdoor area rather than part of the nine storey building. This looks like a floor for the whole walled site. No idea why you would put this over slate tiles. I'm not allowing myself to stress, but it's disappointing. Glad, however, that I missed out on a week of building activity.

There was another treat in store - a parcel in my letterbox proved to a birthday present from my friend Vivienne - a lovely embroidered bag with rolls of ribbon that will be perfect for my next batch of  drawstring bags. I really love the embroidery. The satin stitch is exquisite.

Having unpacked and restored my plants to their rightful places 
I felt inordinately tired, so had a coffee and couple of scones while reading  William Gore.

I really enjoyed it. It was fun - clever without taking itself too seriously.
There were no kangaroos or golfers in tonight's sunset, but the twin trees and the bat tree were well in evidence











and a fine crescent moon.

I finished yesterday's hillock, moved my hoop and began the next one.                                                   



Enough for today. 












No comments:

Post a Comment