Search This Blog

Sunday 10 January 2021

Post 317 Warming up

 

A couple of weeks ago, when Adelaide Jacaranda turned from purple to green, I commented that the agapanthus were taking up the purple cause. Here in Normanville and Carrickalinga the same holds true. This stand of agapanthus is in the front yard of Katherine and Anthony's holiday rental. 









Today when I called there, a tiny honey eater was making the most of it. I took a number of photos, but this is about the best of them.
There is not a lot of photographic evidence to show for today. I spent much of it reading this 1960s crime novel, the first in a series featuring Spanish Inspector Borge. John Bonett was a pseudonym used by John Hubert Arthur Coulson (1906-1989), an English author of mostly crime fiction, often with his wife Emily Bonett.

It was slow to set the scene of an English expat community in Spain. Once Inspector Borge appears on the scene - nearly half way through - the plot and detection picks up and I very much enjoyed it. I'll certainly try another.




It reached 34C here today and is forecast to reach 35C tomorrow. It was a good day to stay inside and stitch or read. I was going to meet Katherine and the girls at the Normanville Cafe for a milkshake but it was too crowded - no parking and queues at the cafe, so we had coffee at their place instead. There was a jigsaw of hot air balloons getting underway. 

Many people booked out of the hotel today - and a few more moved in. The pool was quiet until this evening, but I didn't venture in.By 8pm there were several families having fun. The consolation is that it was 37C in Adelaide today and the same forecast tomorrow. There's a fire ban over most of the State and a fire alert for most districts. I'm hoping the plants on my balcony in Adelaide have enough water to get them through.
The temperatures are forecast to come down to mid-20s from Tuesday.

The sunset seemed to reflect the brooding heat.
Since sunset, I have worked the tail feathers of the Phoenix. I'm much happier with these colours. I also used double thread. The edges are a bit flaky, so I'll probably go over them with a single thread and finer needle.

Given tomorrow's forecast, I will probably make some progress on this tomorrow. I also plan to start the Wallflowers and Witches paperback I bought on my brother's recommendation. Might need my new clip on magnifier to deal with the print!

No comments:

Post a Comment