Search This Blog

Monday 18 January 2021

Post 325 Preparations

 I've done a bit of checking today. I began this blog on 25th February 2020. Given it's a leap year, if the blog is to run for one year, Blog 366 should fall on 24 February 2021. However,  my projection now says Blog 362 will fall on that day. Since the calendar can't be wrong, it must be me.  I knew that on March 11 I had rolled two days into one blog, and there is a missing day between leaving Australia on 25 Feb and arriving in Stratford on 27th Feb. My check established that I have two posts labelled 235, 251 and 291 respectively, and no number 284. I think it's too late to correct these, but at least I understand and can conclude the year on 24 February.

There are few photographs today. I had a nice long conversation with a Guild friend, hung out some washing then delivered the patterns to Brigid and Niamh and the book to Fionn. I managed to finish reading Miss Seeton Sings.

Heron Carvic is a stage and print name used by Geoffrey Rupert William Harris (1913-1980), an actor who provided the voice of Gandalf in the BBC Radio version of The Hobbit. He also had roles in The Avengers and Dr Who in the 1960s. The pseudonym derives from his grandmother's name and was used to spare his family from the disgrace of his chosen professions. 

His Miss Seeton series was seen as a parody of Miss Marple. I think of them as farce. Some were produced as BBC radio drama, and that seems to me to be a comfortable fit. This is the third I have read. I could see it as an Ealing Comedy, As written crime fiction I found it a bit tedious and overly complex in parts.  

It was a sunny, slightly windy day here today. I am pleased to see my pruned Yukka looking pukka. I'm very hopefully it will keep and develop these higher leaves. 

It's also great to be able to see Michael's Spanish Mackerel sculpture behind it.

My phone call this morning prompted me to send out a notice to the World Embroidery Study Group in preparation for our February meeting. The end of the holiday period is in sight. It's also a reminder to myself that I have promised to prepare a session on The Holocaust Embroidery of Judy Strobel for April. Better read it.

Sunsets continue in all their variety and similarity. As well as silhouetted trees, tonight there was an illuminated pathway on the grass. - 

A little progress on the crewel piece. One more leaf and I can move the hoop.



I have a haircut tomorrow, but there should be plenty of time to progress this afterwards. 









No comments:

Post a Comment