Search This Blog

Sunday 17 January 2021

Post 324 Mainly Book Club


The Crime Book Club to which I belong met this morning at Uncle Albert's Coffee Shop in Norwood. There were five of us. The books under discussion were The Girl in Keller's Way and The Night Swim by Megan Goldin.  I had only read the first mentioned, and I expressed my view on 11 January. I was right, it did make for interesting discussion. The rest of the group were more enthusiastic than I was.

A lot of our time was spent catching up on what else we had read in the last month - which was a lot. Most of us used the Christmas break well. It was a 2 hour session today. 

Kerrie, the convenor of our Book Club, has a blog called Mysteries in Paradisewhere she reviews the numerous crime fiction she reads. Any readers who share my addiction may find it a source of reading ideas.  

                                The Norwood arcade in which Uncle Albert's is located is being redeveloped.  Uncle Albert's is planning to stay open throughout but most other occupants have either moved out or are about to do so. 
Norwood is a thriving shopping precinct which has managed to keep operating thoughout the pandemic. Locals seem to have settled into social distancing, hand sanitising and outside eating and drinking.                                                

I had an hour or so at home before  visiting friends this afternoon. It was totally relaxing and rejuvenating.

It was a cool day in Adelaide. I couldn't capture the birds or bats at sunset. It was not a spectacular sunset, but I do like the palette.
The pub on the corner looked warm and welcoming, especially in contrast to Calvary Hospital behind.
I added one crocheted square and one stalk on my crewel.                  
More tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment