Search This Blog

Friday 22 January 2021

Post 329 Embroidery all the way; starts and finishes

 First thing this morning I checked the blocking. It was dry, but not wrinkle-free, so I tightened the pins and dampened it again.By midday it was dry and wrinkle-free,  so I removed the pins and added the bead eye. (Yes, I should have done this before I blocked it and the wrinkling around the head is the result).

I couldn't wait to try the two finished pieces on the chair. This is a rough pinning. The Phoenix and Flowers is in the exact position, Lady Ann's Flowers in more roughly placed. The space that is left is exactly the width of the Aesop Frame embroidery.


The two pieces are now rolled up safely in my embroidery roll.
 

Next week I will take the cover off and stitch these two pieces on. I had thought to wait, but the Aesop Frame is going to take a few weeks.
It was our Sit'nStitch afternoon - very relaxed but also productive. Susan finished her Anna Scott Mountain Oak. This is just out of the hoop. It's really lovely work, hugely detailed.











Jennifer is working on Sophie's Universe. This is the centre. The two outer colours were added this afternoon.       


I worked on these - or one and a half of them The rest I finished at home.








This morning I transferred the sketch I had made yesterday to linen using a light pad and a pencil. I haven't sketched in much of the fine detail but can do that as I go.  I fitted it to a hoop.


I also hooped up one of Nicola's bird linens. I'm planning to do this one in the colours of an Australian Blue Wren.

This evening I found some threads I want to use for both projects.











I began work on the easier of the two, using a deep blue Madeira metallic with quite a sparkle - which, of course. does not shop up in the photo. 
It's going to be fun doing this.


Tomorrow Alison and Karl arrive and I have a bit of preparation to do. Today's glut of needlework news is unlikely to be repeated.



2 comments:

  1. All your stitching is lovely. The chair is looking very good.

    ReplyDelete