Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 January 2021

Post 326. Hair

 

I'm pleased to say that the petunias have largely recovered from their droop after my week away. There's more hot weather coming so I need to make sure I water them well each morning.

Today's main commitment was to a haircut. I let Talia have her head in terms of both the cut and the 'round brush dry'. I was, of course, happy with the result. I apologise for the startled rabbit look and failure to smile. There's only so much one can focus on when sneaking a photo in the hairdressing salon mirror.

I did a little bit of shopping in the Market afterwards - more fruit and some lovely young beans. I wanted some Black Russian tomatoes but didn't see any in the sections of the Markets I was in. I didn't have the energy or inclination to have a thorough look everywhere. I'll get some tomorrow at one of my usual suppliers - Frewville, Unley or North Adelaide. 

The latest Inspirations Magazine was in my letterbox when I got home. There are a few attractive projects - Arcadia, the crewel project by Brenda Sortwell, Mind Games, the hardanger mat by Kim Beamish, the gum nut segment of Jenny McWinney's Hello Possum and, the one I am tempted to do, Remembrance, by Philippa Todd.      

What attracts me particularly to this is its usefulness. It would be a gift people I know would appreciate, and would wear on Anzac Day, Remembrance Day and personal anniversaries. 

I just might get the kit.


Much of the rest of my day was spent reading The Dead Call, by J M Dalgliesh, a contemporary British crime writer living in the East Riding. I have read, and liked, one of his Dark Yorkshire series. This one is the 6th in his Hidden Norfolk series, and I am wanting to publish this post so I can finish the last 12%!
I did more than I expected on the Phoenix tonight. I had planned to move my hoop before doing the red flower, but changed my mind.  The flower wasn't so close to the hoop that my needle would catch the tape underneath, so I completed it.     




   





This is the new hoop position, all ready to start tomorrow. 

My car is booked in for service tomorrow, and I will wait the two hours for it to be done. My seated frame, hoop and threads are easy to take with me, so I might get quite a bit done. 

That, of course, is assuming I finish The Dead Call  tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment