Search This Blog

Monday 8 June 2020

Post 103

My flower head is looking fabulous. I have tracked it to ground as Aeonium  arboreum - of the jade family. I'm wondering if it would translate into an embroidery. Ink and Spindle have fabrics with birds printed on them. It would be interesting to reverse the pattern  of adding birds to their foliage prints and add a flower head to one of their bird prints. 

Then again, it also makes a nice photo.












These are the two remaining Nicola Jarvis birds that I have.
Blue faced parrot finch

Gouldian finch












I have been exploring Australian birds that I could use as a basis for embroidering these. This time, I have begun from the shape of the birds.  Currently I am considering the blue faced parrot finch and the Gouldian finch.

The shapes are compatible. I'm inclining to one of each, although the Gouldian finch has many colours and could be used for both without repetition.

Any thoughts are welcome.



I spent several hours knitting the Fair Isle scarf. It was sunny but cool. In the afternoon the sun drew me to knit on the front balcony but I only lasted about 20 minutes. It was sunny, but without much heat in the sun. 
I added 22 rows to the scarf - just over one band. Progress  doesn't make for an interesting photo - and there are 14 bands to go., all repeats of the three basic bands.












For my own sake, as well as variety in the blog post, I swapped and added a bit more to the owl, practising some buttonhole stitch on the central heart lozenge shapes.



I am, however, trying to sneak in a couple more rows of knitting before I go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment