Search This Blog

Thursday 11 June 2020

Post106

I haven't seen the personal trainer working in the Square for a while, but  maybe I haven't been on my Western balcony at the times he has been working. He was there this morning with a client, being interrupted by an escaped dog. I took the photo at the point where the dog walker recaptured the dog. To do this, the walker dropped the lead of his second dog, who, fortunately, waited obediently while the recalcitrant dog was restored to his lead.



I suspect the nuisance dog had been released rather than escaped - but I have no proof.


Back on my Western balcony, Turtle once again arrived in anticipation of seed, which I duly provided. The Noisy Miner landed on the rail and Turtle flew away. The Miner makes no effort to eat the seed, but clearly intimidates the dove. Apparently Noisy Miners attack other birds, but usually in packs of 5.

Turtle was back15 minutes later, followed by Myrtle. They cleaned up the seed, very comfortable in each other's company. It is interesting to see how they change shape. Often when they arrive, I wonder if they are the same birds. They look thiner and taller. Their necks are elongated and heads small. Once they land on the floor their bodies compact and their feathers fluff up so they look short and plump. 


Jennifer phoned. Yesterday was her last day of self-isolation. This morning she took the dog for a walk around the block, using a walker (for herself, not Charo!). She was triumphant but very tired. She thinks she needs to start with shorter distances. She is planning on knitting squares for a blanket - which she can do without too much concentration. She'd like to embroider, but it is too concentrated at the moment. 
We're hoping to get together late next week.   I know that many readers are interested, and it's important to recognise that release from hospital is not the end of the story for those recovering from Covid19, so I will keep providing updates on a regular basis.

I went out today to tick off a few items on my job list. I drove - stopping first at my audiologist to pick up a box of batteries for my hearing aid, then to my local Post Office, which has recently reopened. I couldn't, however, park, so I went on to Unley Village, where I dropped off my soft plastic recycling, visited the Post Office to send a couple of books to my brother and got a couple of creams I needed from the pharmacy. It would have been a wasted opportunity not to buy scones from Bakers Delight, so I did.


Back at home I ate the scones with some of Margaret's marmalade, and got stuck into my Fair Isle scarf.

It was a mostly sunny day here today, but only briefly warm, after another cold morning.

The Guild newsletter arrived in my email today. I had the news I'd been looking and asking for - the postponement of the two-day class I was enrolled in this coming weekend. I had expected this, but it was a relief to find out. It is postponed to late July. The Certificate Course class on the last Saturday of June is to go ahead with restrictions.  I am not enrolled in the Certificate course, but Guild members are invited to go and I usually do. I think, however, that I will not go to this one. Since it's the first post-covid class and I think organisers need a chance to manage it for enrolled students.


I managed another band and a bit more on the scarf - nineteen rows altogether. I'd dearly like to get stuck into some embroidery, but I'm trying to concentrate on finishing this project.

There have been a number of responses from members of the World Embroidery Study group to the article on spool knitting. Most of them have very happy memories of using cotton reels to make cords that were turned into mats or pot holders.

Tomorrow I have my first Pilates class since February. That will be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment