Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Post 105; friends,flowers and French knitting

Today is Wednesday, the day I send out an email to the World Embroidery Study Group of the Embroiderers' Guild of South Australia. with a relevant presentation or article. One of today's articles was this one on knitting spools, or what I, growing up in Sydney, would have called French knitting. Here in South Australia it was called Tomboy. https://pieceworkmagazine.com/knitting-spools/

I hunted in my stash cupboard and found this set of circular knitting looms- a similar principle- that I bought a couple of decades ago - and don't remember ever using.  The article has an interesting example of a necklace made with a metallic thread.



















I checked on the Aeonium flower again today and it has opened further. While I was there I realised there is another succulent getting ready to flower - also yellow. I think it is a sedum, and I don't think I've seen it bloom before.




It's going to be interesting to watch the flowers emerge.


I was waiting for a courier delivery which fortunately came early. I was out of fruit for my breakfast so took myself off to the Frewville Foodland supermarket. It's a treat to go there - it is so good, if a little more expensive than the big chains. It was named the best in the world in 2016. They have apparently taken on 4 additional chefs in the last few weeks.


Their restaurant is now open - and I was tempted, as there were vacant seats, but I had icecream in my shopping bag and a phone call to get home to.

Vivienne and I had a good catch up and my neighbour and I touched base.


I managed to finish the next band on the scarf. This puts me half way on this scarf. I need to make a big effort over the next few days.

Support for the Gouldian Finch and blue-faced parrot finch continues. A number of people want to see oene of them started, but I am trying to get the scarf finished before I start on the birds because I know what will happen to the scarf if I I don't.

It was a cool beginning to the day today - forecast was a maximum of 15C, minimum 3C, it actually got down to 1.7C in the city and -2 in the Hills this morning. This is cold for Adelaide (I know, for some this seems nothing like cold) where the average June temperature is 16 max and 8 minimum. By midday the sun was out. Tomorrow is forecast as 15max- 2min, so much the same. Good scarf knitting weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment