Search This Blog

Friday 12 June 2020

Post 107 Pilates!

It was a big day today - my first Pilates class since 21 February. I had a couple of visits from Myrtle and Turtle before I left for my class. The Noisy Miner put in an appearance and once again, the doves left. The miner did not show any interest in the seed - but explored the red flowers on the balcony.

The doves were back and acting in concert once the miner had gone.











It was good to be back at Pilates. The studio is set up with half the usual equipment and everything is regularly wiped down. I had fairly low-key exercises but I'm very tired.

I did my balance exercises looking out the window at the fig tree in the garden. The leaves are largely fallen from the tree - but there are figs on the branches. I've had a couple of abundant fig trees - but never one that had figs on it after the leaves had fallen. Others in the group had stories of plants behaving in ways that are out of season.

I needed some milk so went to North Adelaide Village.  On the way home I stopped off at the General Havelock Hotel to see if they had a vacant outside table for lunch. It was by now just after 2pm. They found me a table. They only had 3 tables  in this outside section available for use and one was free.


I very much enjoyed my garfish - and the glass of wine.

There were a few more diners inside and about 6 more outside around the corner. 


They had very clear distancing processes marked.


Back at home I was able to do quite a bit of knitting - finishing both a green and a blue band. Three bands make up one pattern so I now have 5 complete patterns. The instructions are for 8 complete patterns, or 51 inches. I now have 31 inches.

It is going to be very warm as it's knitted in the round and so double thickness. It's looking pretty good now it has a bit of length. Still a few days work in it though.

Our Premier announced our borders will open up to national traffic at the end of the month and venues will be able to take higher numbers - but only within the limits of 4 square metres per person. It isn't going to make much difference to what I do.

I had quite a busy day for this Covid-affected time. I might need to sleep in tomorrow morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment