Search This Blog

Monday 3 August 2020

Post 159 Mostly cooking - and eating

No bird visitors this morning with the building work beginning at 7.00 am. There was a bit of noise, but, on the whole, sufficiently background to not be disruptive. I haven’t been into the square to check out how they are progressing, but the sound seems to be moving further away. 

The first task of the day was to post the masks to my brother. That done, I could head to the greengrocer and supermarket,

My meal plan for tonight was chicken Maryland, eggplant parmagiana, potoatoes with bacon and broccolini (yes, Ive done it before - I have a very limited repertoire of meals!)l  I had most of the ingredients except the chicken Maryland’s which I wanted to buy fresh. I ended up buying much more than that especially since my favourite ice creams were on special! 

Driving home I realised that the deciduous street trees are finally fully bare. I also noticed for the first time that there are young trees  beginning to burst into blossom along  the restructured Frome Rd bikeway. I’m not sure what they are but they are soon going to be a picture of white blossom.














I managed to prepare,the eggplant without burning it. I haven’t quite got the hang of this oven yet. While everything was cooked, the potato and the chicken could have done with longer to further brown. An hour and a half should have been plenty of time but perhaps so much in the oven requires even longer.

One of the girls’ primary school teachers has a compromised immune system and had health advice that  she must give up work if and when the state have six confirmed COVID cases. That happened over the weekend so she will no longer be teaching. The girls are understandably upset. These are the seemingly small personal impacts of this pandemic that add up to long standing disruption.  

I progressed my knitting a little. The colours in this wool are fabulous.




The delicious chocolate from my Friday goody basket helped a lot.











I also progressed the second side of the counted bag. I’m almost up to the Breton stitch.


Tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment