Search This Blog

Saturday 8 August 2020

Post 164 Friends, Family and Food.

A very quiet day indeed today. My cleaner came at 8.30am and managed to find a park on Carrington Street. Usually on Saturday mornings the street outside is nearly parked out by 7 am. I don't know why this is. Clearly something happens early on Saturdays that attracts a number of very similar white and silver cars. This morning these cars were parked along Pulteney St in the centre of the Square at 7am and our road was largely empty. I assume the 'partial road closure' sign and blocked section had put them off. However, by 8.30 there were only a couple of parking spaces left.  The downside of city living!
There was some activity on the building site, but I didn't investigate.


I settled in to stitching the third side of the box in my clean apartment and got quite absorbed in it, so much so, that by the time I emerged it was mid afternoon and I had not, as I had intended, visited Jennifer in Calvary Hospital.
I can see the hospital from my balcony (it has blocked my view of the city to the north so I can no longer see the fireworks on New Year's Eve!)

I rang Jennifer to see if it was too late for a visit, but she didn't answer. She had been asleep and rang back 20 minutes later. While we were talking on the phone other visitors arrived. She will be there until at least Tuesday - and maybe longer. She is moving later this evening to a cardiac ward.

I had a call earlier this week from my friend Lorraine, who was then in the Royal Adelaide Hospital with what doctors believe to be a cardiac problem. She was to move to a cardiac ward at Calvary yesterday, and then into a rehab ward. So I have two friends to visit - both in the cardiac ward!

Once again, it was a cold, overcast day in Adelaide with not much rain. My washing, however, hung limp and damp on the line.

This evening I had dinner with Katherine, Anthony and the kids at Grange Jetty Cafe.  Anthony had spent the day getting his first tattoo, a rather splendid humpback whale.


The cafe was better prepared and organised than last time I visited for lunch.







It was clearly signed, with plenty of hand sanitiser. I noticed the staff wiping the tables with antiseptic very thoroughly in between customers. It was much less crowded than when Jennifer and I were there for lunch.











I had seafood pizza, which was really good.









I'm pleased it was so well managed tonight. I love this cafe and would hate to have to give it up because I didn't feel their corona virus precautions were adequate.







Back at home I read a little more of The Bird Way and almost finished the third side of the box. I have two and a half sides of four-sided stitch to go.

The sides are all slightly different, but that's interesting to me.


Tomorrow is likely to be more knitting than embroidery.











No comments:

Post a Comment