Search This Blog

Sunday 9 August 2020

Post 165 Balcony to Balcony

This morning I had a call from Jennifer to tell me she could see my balcony from her hospital bed. She had moved to a cardiac ward and her room now faces South. She sent me a photo of her view(top left). I have zoomed to my balcony (circled lower left). she could not see me waving, but she saw the white towel I briefly hung on the balcony rail.











I have circled where I think her room is in the photo to the right.

She now expects to stay in hospital a bit longer for rehab while doctors adjust her medication and teach her to manage her breathing.

We spent a bit of time discussing and sharing photos to find some thread that Jennifer needs to finish her embroidery piece.

The thread on the left is the one she has been using. The thread on the right is one I have in my stash. We both hope this thread will work for her. I hope to get these to her, along with some felt and scissors, on Tuesday.




In the afternoon I went down to Grange for Sit'n Stitch with a friend. We missed Jennifer but caught up on our conversation and knitting. I managed another ten rows o knitting - a complete pattern repeat.



This is a 40cm needle. It won't be long before I need to lengthen it.





I got home in time to park my car in the street before it got dark. The door to our garage is being repaired tomorrow between 8am and 11.30am and the door will not be usable. Unfortunately, I need to get my car to the crash repairer by 9am tomorrow. Rather than move it out of the car park by 7.30 am tomorrow morning, when parking in the street outside is severely limited because of the road closure for the building work next door, I decided to leave it outside tonight.  I have a loan car for the week, but, of course, once I pick it up I won't be able to bring it into the apartment carpark until 11.30. So it looks as if I will be doing some errands.

I finished all the four-sided stitch around side three and began outlining side four.





What with messing around with the car and getting ready for family dinner, I won't see much progress tomorrow.




Better get to bed. It wouldn't do to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment