Search This Blog

Monday 10 August 2020

Post 166 Cars, Doors and Family

My car survived the night in the street, and I got it to the  Crash Repairer at 9am as requested. I had to pack up the numerous shopping bags in the boot, and all the useful things in the car itself - hand sanitiser, sunglasses,  face masks, walking stick, keys, pens and a Tshirt waiting to be altered. These, of course, are needed in the loan car.

The crash repairer is in unlikely premises - except in Adelaide where stone houses like this are common and not infrequently used for businesses.


The loan car was in use by staff - 20 minutes away. It is a Yaris, a car I drove between about 1995 and 2000. It didn't take too long for me to remember how to use an ignition key but unlocking the steering wheel took a bit longer.

The heavy  door to the apartment carpark was being repaired between 8am and 11.30 so I couldn't return there. With the building work,  street parking is at a premium and impossible by 10 am. I had a podiatrist appointment and some shopping to do, so I went to Frewville, getting the feel of the car, did some shopping, drove back to the podiatrist (which is within walking distance of the apartment, but does have off-street parking for clients) then went to another shopping centre to deposit soft plastic recycling and go to the Post Office - an elastic mercy mission. 

It was here, at 11.30, as I was about to head home, that I received the message to say the repair to the garage door had been postponed to 2pm-5pm. Grrr! I was home by 12, so no harm done. It was still a lot of unnecessary messing around.

I had this evening's meal prepared, so was able to get organised, put shopping away and spend a couple of hours embroidering.

Jennifer rang. She is now being discharged on Wednesday, with outpatient appointments to keep monitoring and adjusting her meds. If the meds do not improve her breathing, a pacemaker is on the cards. I have promised to visit her tomorrow.
The kids arrived after school. It is such a privilege to be part of their lives. They are so interesting to listen and talk to.

It wasn't a big photo day I'm afraid. I was too focused on getting the hang of the loan car!



I did do a few rows of knitting, but mostly I worked on the last panel for the bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment