Search This Blog

Saturday 15 August 2020

Post 171 Forgot the beads!

I can always get myself to sleep by thinking about the detail of my latest embroidery project, the steps that have been taken and the next steps to take. Last night, as I was thinking about the next steps in the Counted Bag, I realised that I had completely forgotten about the beads that are meant to be the finishing touch on each side.

So  this morning I dug out one of the beading 'shoes' from my unfinished Margaret Lee beaded bag project and set to work to rectify the omission.




Each side of the bag has 24 beads, so I had to stitch on 96 beads without going through to the lining. It presented a challenge - as much of patience and care as embroidery skill.

I did manage it, but it took the whole morning and then some; probably about 4 hours. I'm quite pleased I made the effort.

It was JEMS day and I needed to pick up Niamh at 3pm. She had had a good session and was full of the fabric cutting tool they had been shown how to use and with which they had cut shapes that she thinks will be made into a cushion.  There were only 3 JEMS there, so they had been able to have a good go at the machine.

We went to the Queen Street Cafe again for milkshakes. It will never replace the Red House which closed, but I think it could develop into a place where we are known and our needs anticipated. Niamh had a chocolate brownie rich with very thick dark chocolate and caramel and I had an excellent rhubarb friand. Over time I may be able to convince the manager to serve lime milkshakes!

Katherine was very busy picking up and delivering from parties, netball, and football. We all met up for dinner of Anthony's barbecued meat, baked potatoes, and vegetables. Delicious, - and my red meat allocation for the week!

Back at home, I attempted to attach the cords and tassels. The cords are made and in, and one tassel is finished.











A plain tassel doesn't take long to make, but one with a needlelace head takes longer. I got one finished, but common sense has prevailed and I'm leaving the second one until the morning.


It is constructed and just waiting for the needlelace. That's a 45 minute job - with my wits about me- so not to be started at 11.45 pm



It will still be there in the morning - and the bag has had enough of my time for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment