Search This Blog

Thursday 13 August 2020

Post 169 Pilates, shopping , bag construction

Today was Pilates day. The builders arrived next door at 7am. They were background noise without disturbing me. Jennifer called from home where she had slept well, in spite of being wired again for her sleep ECG. After all the wiring on Tuesday night in hospital, the technician had forgotten to put in the card to collect the data! Last night she was wired up at home!


I had a good Pilates session. I can see improvement on several things we're working on.

From there I went to North Adelaide to get four things on my shopping list. I came home with 3 shopping bags full.  Just as I got in, Panaiyoula called to see if I wanted to meet for coffee. A bit reluctantly, I declined in favour of putting away the groceries, catching my breath and progressing my embroidery. We are hoping to catch up next week.


I was up to constructing the bag - which requires the iron, measuring, cutting - and reading instructions.







The bag is lined, with a Liberty print that comes in the kit.

I got one side pinned and one side stitched this afternoon.


Around 4pm the building noise seemed to get louder. On investigation, the pile driver was right on the border of my Western-facing balcony. Hopefully it will now move away from our boundary.









By the time the sun went down the builders had gone for the day. It was pleasant stitching and watching the evening descend.
4 sided stitch for base .



Insert to base of bag.








I got the insert that forms the base of the bag finished.

I'm working on the bag base, which needs to be outlined with four-sided stitch.

So there are quite a few elements to the construction. I have to attach the lining to the outside on the remaining side, join them together and make the cord.

I also found some Aida fabric that I think might do to try the embroidered Icelandic motif that we will be discussing next month in World Embroidery Study Group. I feel excited about that.

Tomorrow I hope to visit Lorraine in Calvary - and maybe finish the bag!









No comments:

Post a Comment