Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Post 167 Hospital visit

It was an exceedingly grey and damp day in Adelaide today. Our Winter rain has finally arrived.

My plan for today was to visit Jennifer at Calvary Hospital and call in on Lorraine, another friend in the rehab ward of the same hospital.

At 11.00 am the rain was pelting down and Jennifer called me to suggest I cancel coming. By 11.45 it looked like a pause so I set out. Of course, the rain returned within a couple of minutes.








I had on my rain jacket with a hood. The coat was wet, but I was dry when I arrived. It is the first time I've been inside this new hospital.  I sanitised my hands at the entry station, but no-one directed me to the desk where I was meant to register my details and have my temperature taken. I just found my way to Jennifer's room. The precautions are good - but need the security officer at the entry sanitising station to get a replacement if he needs to leave.
It appears to be a well designed and organised hospital.

Jennifer was looking pretty good. She goes home tomorrow, with outpatient appointments to manage her medications. Tonight she has her heart and breathing monitored .
We worked out the thread colours on the remaining parts of her embroidery panel. I should have taken a photo but didn't think of it until I was home. I got another 10 row pattern of my knitting done while there. 



Before I went looking for Lorraine I went downstairs, registered and had my temperature taken. Unfortunately, Lorraine's door was closed - presumably for a treatment or visit from her doctor.

I managed to get home just as the rain returned.





Work had recommenced on the building site next door this morning. As I returned home the heavy equipment was at the front of the block.

Some readers have asked about Myrtle and Turtle. They visited on Sunday when there was no building work and Turtle came briefly again yesterday - again, no building work. No sign of them today.


















Late in the afternoon the sun broke through the clouds for about 15 minutes. It makes such a difference.





Jennifer sent a photo of the gear she has to wear to sleep tonight. It was switched on at 8pm. I do hope that somehow she has managed to fall asleep. She will be very glad to get home tomorrow!





It was one of those evenings when the sunset turns these buildings gold.






The last side of the bag is almost finished. I am enjoying the Breton Stitch. I shall be sorry to have no more after this side. The other elements of the project don't use it.  By Thursday I should have the challenge of construction.

Tomorrow is the first meeting of the World Embroidery Study Group since March. Quite a milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment