Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Post 168 Guild Group Meeting

A friend asked for the name of the shawl pattern I’m using. It is called Garter Lace Triangle Shawl from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls.

There is a very similar pattern called Eyelet Hole Shawl in The New Prayer Shawl Companion






Six of us gathered at the Guild today for the first meeting of the World Embroidery Study Group since March. We all sanitised our hands and signed in with our phone numbers and time. Most of us brought a coffee (or maybe it was tea) with us. We sat at the ends of tables as set out but swivelled their chairs to form a widely spaced circle. We are different to most Guild Groups in that we don’t regularly stitch, but discuss areas we are researching. 

We caught up on what each had been doing since our last meeting in March. Most of us had been making masks and shared experiences and tips. Gardening has been a popular activity.

We worked out a program for monthly meetings for the rest of the year if we continue to be able to meet. I had intended to take photos, but forgot as I got absorbed in the meeting, enjoying the company and exchange , while monitoring our maintaining Covid protocols, it was a great joy to be able to share in the same room. At the end of the meeting we sanitised all touch surfaces including the door handle and key as we left. 

This afternoon I wrote up a summary of the meeting and sent it out. While I was doing this I had a call from Lorraine - the friend I missed in the hospital yesterday. She too can see my balcony from her window. If she’d had a torch she’d have sent me a Morse code message! She could see me waving. Strangely heart warming. I will try to visit her on Friday. 

She would have seen the sunset very much as I did. 





I’m working to finish the counted thread bag. I now have the four sides embroidered.  Tomorrow I hope to be able to iron the pieces and begin the construction, which is a fiddly process.







In the meantime I began outlining the squares for the cube pincushion in four-sided stitch.




No comments:

Post a Comment