Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Post 236 Quiet Day


Turtle returned this morning, behaved much as yesterday, fed, surveyed the landscape and left.
Ten minutes later, Stormy, the young dove with the dark chest, alighted and pecked up some seed, fairly confidently, but alert. After a few minutes he flew to the rail and away, just as Turtle returned to defend his territory. 

He stayed long enough to ensure Stormy didn't return, then went about his business elsewhere.


I'm still in dialogue with Blog2Print. Jen has solved the problem of why my first two blog books are not appearing on the site, but not why I can't order the third. She works through the issues, so hopefully we'll get there in the end. I also posted another Baby Boomer Teacher Conversation to my webpage . This  is number 41. I have another 8 ready to post. I was aiming for 50. For balance I was hoping to add one more from either WA or Victoria. I then need to add some analysis and put it together in book form.

I spent the rest of the day and evening adding the two Rabbits at Dawn panels to the seat of my Crewel chair. This involved joining the two panels together, stitching the bottom edge of the joined panels to the lower edge of the seat cover, then pinning the upper edge and carefully cutting it around the rabbits and grasses, folding under the edge and stitching down - all by hand.

This is tricky work, getting the piece straight and flat, as well as folding and stitching down very narrow edges.












Once the edge was stitched down I continued the hillocks on each horizontal end to the edge of the cushion.
The next task was to extend an off-shoot of the tree of life to cover the join between the tree of life panels and the flower. I might add a leaf or two, but at the moment I'm keeping it simple.







I still have to extend the acorn spray upwards to cover the join on the other side. There are two more panels of Rabbits at Dawn to go along the front edge of the cushion.

I am extraordinarily pleased with today's effort. It did take about nine hours of work, but I had expected it to be far more difficult. The rabbits blended really well with the tree of life hillocks. I had expected to have to fill in far more than I did.

For those not interested in embroidery, this is a very tedious post. I'll aim for a bit more variation tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment