Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Post 237 Foot and mouth


This fabric arrived yesterday from Tessuti fabrics in Sydney. I had ordered it last Thursday when I got their newsletter with new fabrics. It is Italian linen, called “Moroccan tiles”. I thought it would make another lovely tote bag, with a hexagonal embroidery in the middle, so ordered half a metre. It was sold out within 24 hours. Described as medium weight, it is lighter than I anticipated. I’m not sure if it is heavy enough for what I had in mind. It will certainly line something or complement an embroidery.

I had two appointments today, podiatrist at 10.40am and dentist at 3.45pm. After the podiatrist I went to Unley shopping centre to drop off my soft plastic recycling and do some grocery shopping. From there I went on to Barrow and Bench hardware to check out their plants and buy a small broom for my back balcony. They had some tubes of white and red pig face which I thought would fill a gap in my wall garden, hopefully they will spread and fill the gaps.  I also bought this sunflower that’s beginning to flower.

There wasn't really enough time between the two outings to get seriously stuck into stitching. Read a little of The Ghost It Was,  a recent reprint of a Golden Age crime novel by Richard Hull, and did a little jewellery mending.
I have been wearing this necklace given to me by the girls. It goes really well with the top I bought a week or so ago. Unfortunately, the tie-off of the thread on which the beads are strung is tied off with protruding ends that stick into my skin. I went hunting for crimps amongst my bead supplies, but no luck. I will get some at the bead shop in Norwood when  I am there on Sunday.

Amongst my beading things was a shell and greenstone necklace needing a replacement link so I fixed that one. Some progress anyway.

Luckily for me, the postman delivered a parcel before I went to the dentist, saving me a trip to the post office, since the parcel didn't fit in my letterbox. These are Snag tights, made by a Scottish company, but seemingly distributed in Australia from Melbourne. I can't work out where the parcel originated. The label had been pasted over another. I suspect it originated in another country, was sent to a depot in Melbourne, relabelled and mailed to Adelaide, travelling via Sydney. They are great colours, and claim to be vegan friendly and made sustainably but there is no information about origin on their website. I'll try one pair out on Friday for Pilates. 

It was a mild sunset, no bats when this was taken. The wide tree on the right is the top of the Morton Bay Fig where they roost. The twin Norfolk Pine looked like needle lace tonight.


I spent several hours working on the oak stem tonight, awkwardly stitching through the chair cover. Some of the stitches are hard to achieve without a hoop and the capacity to stab rather than scoop.  I'm satisfied with the result. I think I will need to dampen the cover and put it into the cushion to dry - a form of blocking


The Crewel Interest Group meets tomorrow at the Guild and I plan to go. Now this is finished (except, of course, for the two Rabbits at Dawn panels along the front face of the cushion!) I will work on the last Tumbling Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment