Search This Blog

Friday 23 October 2020

Post 239 Dressing up and down


It was book-week dress up day for the primary school girls today, and final day of school for Brigid. Niamh chose a character from A Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy and Veronica a penguin from Lost and Found. Since this is in the public domain, I won't post identifiable photos. This photo, however, courtesy of Katherine, gives an idea. Niamh's dress is the one Brigid made in Year 7 as part of her project on Elizabeth I.
I do hope they all had a great day.

My thanks today to Junette, who alerted me this morning to the fact the blog email had not gone out last night. I'm not sure what happened, but think I was so late posting that I changed the mail-out time and in my haste to get to bed didn't press 'save'! Apologies for any inconvenience and I'll try not to let it happen again. I'm very grateful to friends who use the post to check I'm OK.

First job this morning was to block the Tumbling Feathers. They look much better than in their daggy state just out of the hoop. I’ve figured a process for getting them on to the chair once dry. I need to do it methodically, not in a rush to get it done.
I took the opportunity to put the next panel - more rabbits - into a hoop with chosen threads, ready to go.      

I got a couple of other jobs done, reviewing a NetGalley book I managed to finish, hanging out washing and answering emails.
 


Our usual Friday Sit’n Stitch is on Sunday afternoon this week, which gave me the chance to make up the Pilates class I missed yesterday. I took the opportunity also to try out my new Snag tights. I’ve never tried tights (with feet, as opposed to leggings, without feet) for Pilates before.  

It only took a couple of minutes of wearing them to realise I had nowhere for my phone.

I just had time to find a couple of buttons, needle, thread and my handy button-on phone pouch and do a quick fix before I had to leave home. My mother trained me well - managed to stitch on the buttons without taking them off (taught me well, but not sure she'd approve of that)!

I  even got to Pilates a couple of minutes early - most unusual. My previous instructor took the class today and checked the records to see how long she'd known me. Next February I will have been attending for ten years. It’s been worth it.     The tights stood up well and are extraordinarily comfortable.

I went on to North Adelaide to buy the meat for Monday night’s dinner. I have a Guild Certificate Course workshop tomorrow, book club and Sit’n Stitch on Sunday and Basics to Beyond on Monday, so made the ragu for Monday night this afternoon. 

The washing is dry, but the blocked feathers are certainly not. I’ve tightened the pins and left it for 24 hours. Before I launch into the next Rabbits at Dawn, I’m trying to add a few hexies and advance the shawl. 

At the end of the night I have added six hexies. That leaves about sixty to go. 

One foot up and one foot down
That’s the way to London Town!



Bit earlier to bed tonight. Up early tomorrow to get to the Guild by 9.30am.







No comments:

Post a Comment