Search This Blog

Monday 7 December 2020

Post 283 photos galore

 

Windy again this morning. Two young doves turned up and sat for a while. I took several photos and this one show a little of the bending of the tree behind them in the wind.

They stayed for quite a while, drinking and feeding in harmony.
After a while, the larger of the two took up his post as sentinel while the other continued to eat and drink. She eventually joined him on the rail, where I left them to get my breakfast.

I needed some eggs for tonight's Pastitsio (or pasta pie as the girls prefer to call it) so decided to shop at Unley Village after visiting Barrow and Bench further up Unley Rd to buy my Christmas poinsettia and Riverlea Cottage Quilts for the sashiko thread.


My brother called while I was at the Barrow and Bench checkout, so I sat in the carpark and called him back. We discussed the exigencies of the art market at the moment and the beauty of Mollymook, where he is staying at the moment
and this is the view from their window.  I include this especially for my Guild friend, known locally as Margaret from Mollymook to distinguish her from other Margarets who don't hail from quite so far away.







My parking space behind Riverlea Cottage Quilts was right in front of a grevillea bush  in flower. I couldn't resist photographing.I
There was also a tea tree next to the grevillea with emerging flowers.  If I had Alison Cole's skill I might have worked out a stumpwork version by now, but I'll think about it for a while.
Inside I found some threads I think might work on the dark red fabric of my current sashiko, and perhaps on black I have as well. I also got some needles. 

The loose thread is what I am currently using, and the purple at the back is what I got, along with  a chocolate bear, from the shop's Advent Calendar draw that I won. I suspect I was the first customer of the day.



By the time I arrived home my two linens, Lady Anne's Flowers and Phoenix and Tree were in my letterbox, along with a surprise tea towel. Many thanks Frankie and Phillipa. I had better move off sashiko and on to Crewel, so I have these finished before the Aesop Frame arrives!

The poinsettia looks fabulous. They were short on red ones but I'm very pleased with the one I secured. They also have some potted Fir Trees carefully grown to cone shape. I'm thinking about going back to get one as a Christmas tree.


This afternoon, after preparing the pastitsio, I had another go at the crochet, working the inner circle using the UK version of the stitches. It worked! My circle was very close to Jennifer's. I set it aside, with the crochet hook, to return to later. It has now completely disappeared! I've been through the bag of wool, the chair, the other bags near the chair, and everything else around. No circle, no hook.

The circle fairies?

I guess I start again another day. 
In the meantime I've been playing with the new green and yellow threads. I worked a green line from top to bottom and yellow from left to right. The green doesn't show up. I'm going to take it out and work it all in the yellow.
I have mounted Lady Anne’s Flowers in a 12” hoop. Tomorrow I will select the wools I plan to use and work out if I need to buy any more. I’m really looking forward to plunging into that big flower.

I haven’t sent the reminder to the WES Group for Wednesday’s meeting. I need to put together a list of possible topics for next year before I send it. That’s, I think, a job for the morning rather than tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment