Search This Blog

Friday 11 December 2020

Post 288. Fishbank


Today's outing was lunch at Fishbank, a recently established restaurant in the premises previously occupied by Jamie's Italian on the ground floor of a building that was once the headquarters of a prominent Adelaide bank.

This was the last lunch of the year for a group of 5 of us who have lunch together about 4 -5 times a year. 

This year we've had 3. 

Since it is in the heart of the CBD I decided it was time to return to using the city loop bus - a free service Adelaide City Council offers, one loop through the inner city and one through the inner city extending to North Adelaide. I used the bus quite a bit before Covid ( a new definition of BC!). It was suspended in the height of the pandemic here, but restored a couple of months ago. I haven't, however, returned to using it. It stops very close to my apartment and very close to Fishbank. I had my mask with me in case it was crowded, but didn't feel the need. The few passengers were well distanced. The guy with the red trolley was very talkative - about his bus disasters! He was on the O-Bahn when it derailed, and on another bus that crashed. Very good humoured about it.
Fishbank was excellent. There is a lot of light, much of it natural, really high ceilings and plenty of space between tables. The menu is designed for sharing. We shared whitebait, prawns, scallops, Tommy Ruffs on toast, chips and grilled broccoli.
I got home, on the bus, in time to write about half of my Christmas cards. I was thinking of trying to get to the post box with the overseas cards before 6pm when the post is cleared, but I decided I could take them all to the mail exchange over the weekend, and kept writing.

In my letterbox was an unexpected parcel. The son of a childhood friend has just had his first book published and his proud mother has sent them instead of Christmas cards! What a great idea. I need to finish the Ian Rankin I am reading for Sunday's bookclub, before I can read it - but I look forward to it.

Before I went out I watered the plants, put out some seed washed my towels and hung them out. One of the young doves arrived to welcome me home. The doves don't seem to mind the flapping washing.
This evening I finished the geometric sashiko panel in the yellow thread. I added the gimp to the third rectangular pouch, stitched another into a square and pinned another.              


I'm planning to add yellow zips to these two - a job for the machine - and the morning.              






In the meantime, it was a pretty spectacular sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment