Search This Blog

Saturday 12 December 2020

Post 289 Cards and Caravan Sounds

 

This may become one of the images that captures 2020 for me. Even the doves are watching and waiting. I have been fortunate in having a calming view of greenery and the Hills in the distance. I've been able to hang out my washing and tend a small balcony garden. By this time next year I expect the wall next door, less than 30cm from the wall visible here, will extend 4-6 metres beyond my balcony blocking a little of that view.  A pity, but manageable.

I've been writing Christmas cards today, 52 ready to post. That process reminds me that, in the scheme of things, I have little to complain about and a lot for which to be thankful.





There has been a Council-sponsored event in the Square this afternoon. to quote the publicity:
Caravan Sounds and Ink & Ruby Studios present Mural Music, a creative Christmas event in Hurtle Square, proudly supported by the City of Adelaide.

A Free & Family friendly interactive Christmas event with live music, a communal mural, a circus 'Come & Try' zone and loads more. You can pick up a paint brush and help local artist Ella complete her pop-up Christmas mural. Then test out your circus skills with the Circabats troupe or treat yourself to a Hokey Pokey ice cream and simply kick back while Caravan Sounds provide the soundtrack to a standout day!

It has been 35C in Adelaide today, with a dry wind. There don't seem to have been many people testing their circus skills. A few tried their hand at the mural. The music was the constant and caused me to close the door to the balcony, but by then I was ready to turn on the aircon, so would have closed the door anyway. 







It"s a bit of a shame. A lot of effort seems to have gone into setting it up, but the weather - and I suspect limited publicity - was against it today. I'm presuming there are people somewhere who like the music!

Before I left for dinner at Katherine and Anthony's I managed to add the zips to the two pouches I worked on yesterday. There is still finishing work to  do on them.  I did a bit of work this evening on the next one.
It's still 31.5 C at 10.30 pm. Tomorrow is forecast as 32C. 

The dark red pelargonium seems to like the heat - as long as I keep watering it. 



I about 100 Kindle pages to finish the book for tomorrow's Book Club. Better get on with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment