Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 December 2020

Post 285 Shopping, Graduands, lost and found


After a good catch up on the phone with Vivienne, I set off to Adairs to buy another pot stand for the poinsettia. The one I put it in yesterday was bought three years ago to house the Christmas poinsettia, but has been home to a peace lily for a couple of years. I evicted it yesterday to house the poinsettia but thought it time to buy another stand.  I chose the rattan one from an ad. The rounded base should distribute weight more easily and be less likely to leave an indent on the carpet. It was the last one  in the shop. The woven pot  is from Mombasa.The lily is now back in its happy place.

From Adairs I went to Port Adelaide to do a bit more Christmas shopping. Fairly successful.
I progressed the sashiko piece a fair way, but didn't finish it. I also managed to choose a pile of threads for Lady Anne's Flowers.


Tonight is Niamh and Veronica's Year 7 graduation. They dropped their gladrags here this morning and came after school to shower and change. Brigid arrived to help with hair and makeup.




She was also roped into a photoshoot in the Square as they were on their way. The evening begins with a dinner at a hotel near the school, followed by a graduation ceremony and culminating in a disco.

It was marvellous to see them tearing across the Square  - on the way to a graduation!




Not  long after, Brigid had a message from Veronica to say that Niamh couldn't find her phone. We searched the apartment to no avail. I don't know the end of that story. It had not turned up when they called to pick up their bags after the disco. I do hope it turns up and doesn't ruin an important event.

In the course of looking for the phone I found something else. Guan Yin seems to have been the keeper of the crochet! I think I put it there in passing on my way to close the curtains immediately after I finished it.  It looks remarkably like an offering. Perhaps this blanket needs to be dedicated to her.
World Embroidery Study Group tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment